Thursday, May 20, 2010

He came He saw He conquered: Or not.

He mumbled on, trying to impress the people he invited, with his daft, big-headed knowledge. Words pelleted out his mouth, landing explosively. They felt toxic; like some kind of mustard gas out to kill me. At that point Wilfred Owen trudged into my mind with his troop they were “knock-need, bent like beggars under sacks, coughing like hags”. I could hear shouting Gas, Gas, QUICK, BOYS! I was forced onto a chair as the young man in front of me carelessly probed my mouth with a metal rod; very much unlike Owen who only probed encumbered sleepers out of wonder. The voice that protruded from this man's mouth was muffled and the concoction of vowels and consonants stretched, as one would hear it in a horror movie. He leaned in towards me one last time leading me to the feeling that this was the right moment to get everything off of my chest.


I reached my arms out over my head until they reached his collarbone, gradually louring them across his white, starched collar- probably ironed by his mother, as I imagine a person like himself incapable of finding someone suitable to date, let alone marry. I gently wrapped my fingers around his chicken-like neck as he sarcastically raised his eyebrows and then, as he looked around as if for some kind of approval, I began tightening my grip, digging my bitten down nails into that area where the spine connects to the skull. Everything around me faded as I pressed on watching his face turn red and his eyes bulge out blood shod. Panic hooked onto each vein and artery in his body as he froze over; I looked into his hideous pupils and laughed whispering words into his ear which I could feel as they rolled of my tongue like frozen drops of blood. I let him gasp for air one last time and let go. I found no use in killing him, I don't even like the idea of murder anyway. Like this, the moment would forever be imprinted into his futile mind- He would live with it everyday.


As the rest of the room became clear again, I grunted and looked away. I wished I had actually done all that but being sent to psych ward wasn't a part of my plan for the day.

Peace and Love,

Torii xo

No comments:

Post a Comment