Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Art and artness.

I am such; an; idiot!
Everytime i watch Pirates of the Caribean I keep wondering where I've heard the name William Turner before, and now, sitting my chair flicking through my SOK notes I noticed that William Turner is a Painter and a damn good one at that. His art has a kind of magic to it, many of his pieces cover seascapes. Et voilĂ  ;







This is art.



My favorite artist of the late 18th Century/ Early nineteenth, however, is Goya. Many of you must have seen the film Goya's Ghosts, i hope? If you haven't watch it. It stars Natalie Portman, Javier Bardem and Stellan Skarsgard. I believe Jonathan Pryce also acts in it, unless my memory is playing tricks on me 8) He acted as Elizabeth Swann's father in Pirates of the caribean.
(Pictures- Left: Movie Poster, Right; The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters- F. Goya)
I apologize for the messiness of this post- blame it on blogger =) That's all for now, I'll add on to this later on when I've finished revising art.
Peace and Love,
Torii xoxo













No comments:

Post a Comment